Sunday, December 13, 2009

Dear Reader

Welcome to my fist ever stab at blogging. I've drafted this first post at least three times now, going back to edit it at least once after publishing it. I know I shouldn't be so nervous, but I can't help it!

I think what I have struggled with the most even before this first post is what this blog is going to be about. My favorite blogs all focus on one particular topic and a large part of me wants to follow this format. However, I've come to realize that anything you do or write on the internet should be for yourself. There's no guarantee that anyone will ever read anything that I write here, so I'd best write for myself first. If I happen to pick up a few readers, which I very much hope to do, then great! I'm happy and grateful to have you here!

Now, a bit on what I'm about. Out of everything that I'm interested in, I have only two constants: books and food. The majority of my other interests - writing, cooking, comic books, etc. - all starts with these two things. I don't even need to be reading and eating to enjoy books and food. Just looking at or talking about these things makes me happy. The scent of deteriorating pages and fading ink is as blissful to me as the aroma of fresh baked bread and chocolate. I can guarantee that the majority of my posts will be on these topics. I'd have a title reflecting this, but wanted to keep my posting options open.

Thanks for sticking around and come back soon!
Formally yours,
Darth Formal

No comments: